Love of the Prophet is one of the fundamental principles of this religion that cannot be ignored or overlooked. Parents are concerned to raise their children with Islamic education based on Quran and Sunnah. However, the most important question remains: how do we Instill love of the Prophet in children?. Parents must know the methods and ways to answer this question. The love of Allah is linked to the love of His noble Prophet and without it, faith is not complete. Therefore, it is necessary to instill this principle in the hearts of children from an early age. We will discuss this issue and highlight some important points in answering this question and applying it.
How do we instill love of the Prophet in children hearts?
It is necessary to give everyone their right and the purpose of this is to express and acknowledge the great status of the Prophet Muhammad to raise children on respecting, honoring and loving him. The evidence from Sunnah and Quran shows the great status of the Prophet, and that faith is not complete without loving him. Some of this evidence includes:
- Abdullah bin Hisham reported in Sahih Bukhari that he was with the Prophet while holding the hand of Umar. Umar said, “O Messenger of Allah, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.” The Prophet replied, “No, in Whose Hand which my soul in, you will not have complete faith. until I am dearer to you than your own self.” Umar said, “Indeed, now you are dearer to me than my own self.” The Prophet said, “Now, O Umar.”
- Anas narrated in Sahih Bukhari that the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said, “Whoever possesses three things will taste the sweetness of faith, that Allah and His Messenger are dearer to him than anything else, he loves a person only for the sake of Allah and hates to revert to disbelief as he hates to be thrown into the Fire”.
- Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet said: “None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child…”.
- The evidence of loving the Prophet from Quran includes Allah’s statement that he said: ” If you should love Allah, then follow me, so Allah will love you”.
- Also Allah said “If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives and your wealth which you have obtained, commerce where in you fear decline and dwellings with which you are pleased, are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people”.
How to introduce and identify the Prophet to children
there are several important steps that should be given high attention to, when it comes to introducing and identifying children the prophet to children. When we contemplate the question of how do we Instill love of the Prophet in children hearts?. we find that the simplest way is to talk about him. There is no speech that is higher than Quran, as it is the best describer of the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him). Therefore, some of the important considerations that should be taken into account when introducing the prophet to children, are as follows:
- One of the most important steps is to emphasize the personality of the Prophet as it was explained and described in Quran.
- Allah said in Quran: “Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a witness, warner and as one who invites to Allah’s belief and as a shining lamp”.
- Children should be raised to follow the example of the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him). Whoever follows his example will not be misguided or unhappy, his life will be filled with success and prosperity.
- It is important to emphasize the virtues of the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and his high status among the prophets and with Allah, as he was sent as a mercy to all the worlds.
- The Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “I have been given six things that no prophet before me has been given: I have been given comprehensive speech, I have been helped with fear, I have been given the spoils of war, the earth has been made pure for me and a place of worship, I have been sent to all people and the line of prophets has ended with me.” (Sahih Bukhari)
- The love of the Prophet for his nation and his intercession for them on the Day of Judgment are among the reasons why we love him.
- It is also important to emphasize his superiority over the previous prophets and messengers. as he was a mercy to all the world, the seal of the prophets and messengers and his Shariah abrogated all previous laws.
Ways to instill the love of the Prophet in the hearts of children
Some ways to instill the love of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in the hearts of children include:
- Narrating the miracles of the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) to children.
- Introducing his noble character, morals and his compassion for orphans, the poor and the oppressed.
- Talking about his love for his nation and his intercession for them on the Day of Judgment, as he is the only prophet who has reserved his supplication for that day, thus calling upon Allah for his nation and interceding for them to be saved from the Hellfire.
- Highlighting the love and devotion of his Companions for the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him).
- Encouraging children to follow the examples of the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) in their speech and actions.
- Memorizing and understanding the meanings and reasons behind the Prophetic traditions (Ahadith).
Finally, we can say In conclusion, after learning about how do we instill love of the Prophet in children hearts?. It is important to note that simply discussing the Prophet’s biography, morals and miracles is not enough. There are numbers of considerations to keep in mind when talking to children. It is important to use positive discussion and answer all the questions and inquiries that come to the minds of children. Additionally, it is important to be mindful of their young age and use an exciting and enjoyable approach when narrating the Prophet’s biography.
Download jeras app from here, for more social, religious and educational articles .