The basic principle in reading the Qur’an for men and women is to hear ourselves. With all the senses engaged in reading.
“What is the best way to read the Qur’an for a woman?” If a woman is alone, she can recite the Qur’an as she likes, secretly or out loud.
The reciter of the Holy Qur’an must engage all his senses when reading the Qur’an. For it to be read with contemplation and reverence; So he occupies his eyes by looking at the Qur’an, his hand by touching it, and his tongue by repeating it.”
It is mentioned that the Holy Qur’an is: one of the three heavenly books, and it is the miracle of our master Muhammad – may God bless him and grant him peace – that is eternal and will remain until the Day of Judgment, and it is the word of God – glory be to Him and the Highest – revealed to our master Muhammad – may God bless him and grant him peace – when he was worshiping in the cave of Hira. Through revelation, and the first thing that was revealed to him was his saying: “Read in the name of your Lord who created,” [Al-Alaq: 1], and we are commanded to read the Qur’an and adhere to it, so reading it is guidance and reward.
Benefits of reading the Holy Quran
It casts peace and tranquility into the heart of the believer, enlightens the mind and revives the heart, and points to the path of truth and distances from the path of error.
The reciter of the Qur’an attains a high status with God Almighty.
– It protects Muslims from feelings of despair, oppression, tension, and psychological pressure, as well as brings happiness and comfort to themselves.
Reading the Qur’an is a cure for what is in the breasts.
It instills in the soul a great charge of optimism and hope and eliminates pessimism from the soul.
For every letter of the Holy Qur’an there is a good deed, and a good deed is multiplied ten times more. On the authority of Ibn Masoud – may God be pleased with him – the Messenger of God – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – said: “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of God will have a good deed for it, and the good is ten times more.” Like it, I do not say the pain of a letter, but Alif is a letter, lam is a letter, and Meem is a letter.” [Sahih al-Tirmidhi]
Etiquette of reading the Holy Quran
One of the most important etiquettes of reciting the Noble Qur’an is the sincerity of intention to God Almighty and to draw near to Him and obtain His pleasure, and that the reciter should not seek to show off or gain a reputation among people.
– Whoever reads the Qur’an from the Holy Qur’an must be in a state of purity and ablution. Women during menstruation and postpartum periods should not touch the Qur’an without a barrier, but it is permissible to read the Qur’an by heart or through electronic devices without ablution, and the inside of a Muslim must be clean. And free and pure of sins and transgressions.
– Reflecting on the meanings, goals, and purposes of the Holy Qur’an during reading, in addition to trying to be humble and not occupy sight, hearing, or thought with anything other than recitation and reading the Holy Qur’an, as well as sensing the greatness of God – the Highest – for it is the word of God, Glory be to Him, and is distinguished by its miraculousness, eloquence, and clarification.
– Reciting the Holy Qur’an, and He, the Most High, said: “And recite the Qur’an with recitation,” [Al-Muzzammil: 4].
– It is preferable for the reader to receive the qiblah during his reading, in addition to taking care of the cleanliness of his body and clothes.
The reader should be calm in thought and mind and not be preoccupied with worldly matters, in addition to gathering the mind to focus on reading, and the reader can seek refuge from the accursed Satan before starting to read.
– This is also by choosing the appropriate times for reading; Like Fajr and after Isha prayer.
Reading should not be interrupted except in some very necessary cases that could endanger a person.
– That the reader implement what the Holy Qur’an urges him to do, and avoid what he forbids from sins, transgressions, and the path of misguidance.