Children are the focus of parents’ attention permanently, they work in various ways to make their children happy and superior in all fields, and the greatest thing that a father offers to his son is to raise him well and righteously, and this is by memorizing the Qur’an, which earns children many good qualities, and the more at a young age, the better, and we will learn with you about The best ways to memorize the Quran for children that can be followed, as memorizing the Qur’an is the first step that contributes to the formation of the child’s personality, so teach the child The Qur’an, and the Qur’an will teach him everything, educate and evaluate it.
The importance of memorizing the Qur’an for children
Memorizing the Qur’an for children should be one of the most important priorities that concern parents, as it is not limited to the child’s knowledge of the correct recitation, but the Qur’an is a great educator who will earn them good qualities and good morals:
- The Qur’an corrects the child’s behavior and rids him of all the bad qualities that he acquired at a young age such as stubbornness, nervousness and others.
- Helps the child master the Arabic language and improve his vocabulary.
- Contributes to solving speech problems in children.
- Achieves psychological and social balance in the child.
- It relieves a person of feelings of stress and anxiety and gives him a sense of comfort and happiness.
- Instilling the spirit of faith in the child and raising his status with God Almighty.
- The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allah has people who said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, who are they?’ He said: “They are the people of the Qur’an, they are the people of Allah and His own.”
The best ways to memorize the Quran for children
Memorization by repetition: It is the repetition of verses many times until the child masters them completely, for example, they can be repeated 5 to 10 times.
Short surah: Start memorizing short surahs, especially for children at a young age, as it is easy and does not take time and will encourage the child, as he can pray with it.
Reading aloud: This is done by chanting behind the memorizer or guardian, while preserving the rulings and intonation, as happens in the Qur’an circles.
Listening: Play the Qur’an, use cassettes or mobile devices, and play the Qur’an permanently for the child to listen to and memorize.
Recording: Recording the child’s voice as he reads and can be videotaped to listen and watch himself.
Quran memorization apps: For kids you should have them on your mobile device or your child’s device.
Quran Stories: Greet your child with the stories of the Qur’an and explain to him the verses and surahs, as this facilitates the task of memorization and encourages the child.
Competition: It is possible to make a competition between children and provide them with incentive prizes.
Good example: Be a good example for your children, they imitate you in everything you do, so start with yourself first.
Encouragement: Encourage your child permanently not only with gifts, but with kind words, present to relatives and guests and be proud of him in front of everyone and ask him to recite what is kept in front of them.