Memorizing the Holy Quran is one of the most important priorities that parents should pay attention to, do not say my son is still young, so he can start with him from the age of 3 years, and memorization begins and the child is a fetus in his mother’s womb, and today we will tell our children the story of memorizing the Qur’an for children with Kadi, which was not more than three years old when I started memorizing it.
The story of memorizing the Qur’an for children
When Cady was 3 years old or younger her mother wanted to take advantage long time spent together at home.
so they decided to memorize the Holy Quran.
Cuddy could speak well, repeat words behind her mother and memorize.
so the child could start memorizing as soon as he could speak.
The mother always read the Quran in front of her children.
which made this task very easy, and she offered it to her child.
Mother: What do you think, Cuddy, that we memorize the Qur’an together?
Cuddy: Of course, Mom, I agree and I’m very excited about that.
Mother: Wonderful my dear child, everyone will be happy with you and I will be proud of you.
Cuddy: Let’s save now I’m excited about it.
Mom: Okay but first we will draw the heart of Cuddy.
Cuddy: What’s Cuddy’s heart, Mom, I don’t understand.
Mother: We will start by memorizing Surat Al-Fatihah and shortening the surahs from Juz Amma, and we will draw a heart that we call (the heart of Kadi) and divide it and write on it the names of all the surahs.
Cuddy happily: So cool let’s do it.
Mother: Every surah you memorize we will color it until we color the whole heart.
Cuddy: That’s a great idea, you encouraged me and excited me a lot.
The beginning of memorizing the Qur’an
The idea was amazing at first, especially since Cady did not exceed two and a half years, but the mother designed and encouraged her daughter to memorize, and she drew a heart and in the middle Surat Al-Fatihah with all the surahs of Juz Amma.
And the idea of the heart deserves to attract the child’s attention, and the mother hung it on the wall so that everyone who enters the house can see it, encourage the little girl to memorize and increase her enthusiasm.
Kady memorized a surah every day and when she recited it without a single mistake, her mother would raise it to the wall to color it.
How to memorize the Qur’an for children
The mother followed a beautiful style and an easy way with her child Cady in the Qur’an, which is as follows:
- Doing something new and encouraging like a heart.
- She told her child that we had to color the whole heart and that it would only be by memorizing all the surahs.
- I started with her with the opening of the book, and she repeated it a lot in front of the child.
- Then you ask her to recite behind her what she hears until she has memorized it completely.
- Then she makes the child recite on her own.
- You play cassette tapes on this surah every once in a while and another a day.
- On the second day, Cady recites the surah that she memorized yesterday.
- And they repeat the same method daily.
- A video can be recorded of the child reading the Qur’an and watching himself later.
- Giving encouraging gifts to the child, whether a toy, candy, or going to a place he loves.