Hitting is not a mean of education, but it is prohibited by Allah Almighty. Here we will talk about Hitting in Islam’s point of view , which is resorted to by the narrowest of limits and with strict legal controls. Before we talk about the concept of hitting in Islam, we would like to say that a father or teacher who can only control his children or students through beating or hitting is a failed parent and teacher.
Hitting in Islam’s point of view
You should know (may Allah have mercy on us), that beating is not a proper method of education. Rather, it is one of the worst methods resorted to by the weak who cannot raise their children properly. It is one of the worst crimes.
In Islam, the concept of hitting refers to non-brutal hitting, which does not harm the body or affect the psyche of children. hitting has been mentioned in the case of beating one’s wife, and it is considered the last resort.
In fact, beating with a miswak, which is a piece of wood used for cleaning teeth, is allowed in Islam, but it is not considered a beating in the true sense. It is just a form of discipline. It is more appropriate to follow modern educational methods with children.
We will learn with you about the controls of Hitting in Islam, beating or hitting is forbidden by Sharia except within the limits of Allah Almighty and if we are forced to use beating to correct children and modify their behavior after exhausting all other solutions and tricks, there are controls that must be observed, which are as follows:
The guidelines for beating in Islam
Hitting is forbidden in Islam unless it comes under the boundaries of Allah and discipline The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “command your children to pray on seven and beat them on ten,” but with controls that are as follows:
- The whip should not be longer than the arm.
- the hitter should not raise his arm to the point where his armpit is visible.
- there should be no marks or signs on the body.
- the number of strikes should not exceed 10 unless within the limits of God.
- the hitter should refrain from insulting, cursing, or swearing while striking.
- he should not strike while in a state of anger to avoid losing control.
- and he should not strike sensitive areas such as the face or head.
- but rather use the force of the stick, not the force of the arm.
You can also read about: The concept of education in Islam.
Effective solutions and alternatives have been developed to go beyond the use of the method of hitting and move towards more appropriate and popular methods to ensure everyone’s satisfaction and achieve development in correct behavior and upbringing. These solutions include:
- Adopting a gradual approach in the imposition of punishment, where advice and guidance are initiated and with the continuation of negative behaviors, the transition is gradually to more serious stages such as calling the guardian and others.
- Activating awareness programs by distributing manuals and guidebooks to students, with the aim of spreading good values and principles and directing them towards correct behavior.
- Extending words of thanks, praise and encouragement to hardworking and outstanding students, which encourages them to continue achieving success and motivates the rest of the students to emulate them.
- Imposing eye-catching and surprising actions on naughty students, because their goal is often to prove themselves and this goal is achieved through actions that highlight their value and impose their respect.
- Encourage students to appreciate their efforts and highlight their positive actions in front of their pals, with motivating rewards such as gifts or grade materials.
- Temporarily deprive students of their favorite pleasures, such as participating in activities, fun games, and trips, until they learn, master the right behavior and develop in their daily lives.
In conclusion, dear father and respected teacher, you should know, (may God have mercy on us) that beating or hitting is a method of discipline and correction, not revenge. The purpose of beating is to improve behavior, not to humiliate or harm. This is what is stated in the Islamic law. Anything beyond that is unjust and worst crime.
Download jeras app from here.