Here are several ideas to engage your child with Quran. The goal is to help your child love Quran, make memorization easier, and establish a connection with it on an early age. All of these ideas don’t require a lot of time, as each one can be applied in less than ten minutes. However, it’s important to consistently work on them and choose what’s appropriate for your child’s age, as well as consider their schedule and different activities.
Ideas to engage your child with Quran
Some believe say that we should wait until the child grows up to memorize Quran, but their connection should start very early with Quran, even before birth. Here are the best ways to help your child to love Quran and establish a connection with it from an early age:
1- Listen to Quran while you are pregnant
The psychological wellbeing of a pregnant mother has a significant impact on her unborn child, as the fetus can feel what the mother feels.
Listening to Quran, even for a short time daily can have a positive impact on the fetus.
The sound of Quran is associated with peace and comfort, which can help the child establish a connection with it and memorize it easily later on.
2- Play Quran for your baby
Scientific studies have shown that babies absorb everything around them, including sounds.
Babies can store the words they hear, but they cannot use them until they get older.
Playing Quran for your baby twice a day for ten minutes each time, can help your child establish a connection with Quran and make it easier for them to memorize it later on.
3- Read Quran in front of your child (Imitation instinct)
Children naturally imitate their parents, but if you order your child to read Quran and you don’t do this, it’s a difficult matter.
When you read Quran consistently, your child will most likely do the same.
This is particularly effective when both parents read Quran together, even if the child isn’t directed to do so.
4- Gift your child a special Quran
When you give your child their own Quran, it triggers their sense of ownership.
This makes them more attached to it, they will love and read it more often.
5- Celebrate each completion with a party
Make a celebration for your child every time they complete a section of Quran.
For example, when they finish reading a certain part of Quran, hold a party for them.
This encourages the child to memorize more and to continue reading Quran, it also motivates their siblings.
6- Stories of Holy Quran
Children love stories and listen to them with great interest.
Tell your child about the stories of Quran in a simple way that they can understand and stick to the it’s text.
You can also mention some verses from Quran that are related to the story.
This increases the child’s attachment to Quran and their connection with it.
7- Fun Competitions
These activities are suitable for children aged 5 and up.
You can create fun competitions between the child and their siblings with questions that are appropriate for their age.
For example, you can ask questions like:
- What is the word in Surat Quraish that refers to travel? (Rihla)
- Which are the two seasons mentioned in Surat Quraish? (Winter and summer)
- Name the animals mentioned in Juz Amma and so on.
- You can also create a competition where the child has to find the location of a particular word in Quran, such as “where is the word ‘people’ located?” or “where is the word ‘dawn’ located?”
8- Linking Environmental Elements to Quran
You can link environmental elements to the verses of Quran and ask the child to recite a verse that mentions that element.
For example, the sun, moon, earth, heavens, day, night, ants, spiders, grapes, figs, olives, and so on.
9- Make Quran be the child’s companion everywhere
Keep a small Quran or a Juz Amma with the child in their pocket or backpack wherever he goes.
This increases their attachment to Quran and significantly reduces their stress.
10- Learning Tools of Quran
Use specialized tools to teach Quran. For example:
- Radio: Play the radio on the Quranic station.
- Television: Watch Quranic channels for a long time.
- Computer and Mobile Apps: Use Quranic learning software on the computer or mobile phone.
- CDs and Digital Quran: Use CDs or digital Quran teachers.
- All of these things increase the child’s attachment to the Quran and their connection to it.
- Also, children love to imitate, so this will significantly improve their level of Quranic education.
Also you can read about: Steps to memorize Holy Quran.
Other ideas to increase the child’s love and connection to Quran
- Encourage your child to participate in Quranic competitions at home, school, mosque, or city.
- Record your child’s voice while reading Quran, as this has a great impact on recognizing their mistakes, improving their level and increasing their self-confidence.
- Encourage your child to read Quran on school radio and during celebrations.
- Introduce your child to leading prayers and reading Quran in optional prayers at home with their siblings.
- Let your child tell you Quranic stories and listen to them with interest.
- Hold a daily Quranic circle at home and involve the child in it.
- Pay attention to your child’s questions about Quran, answer them with interest and in a way that is appropriate for their age and understanding.
- Buy easy and simple language dictionaries suitable for children aged ten and above, such as “Al-Mufidat” by Al-Isfahani and “Mukhtar Al-Sihah.”
- Create a simplified Tafsir library for your child, containing books, tapes, and CDs.
We have provided you dear mother, Ideas to engage your child with Quran, which are easy to implement and do not take much time. Simply write them down, compile them and choose the easiest to implement. These ideas will not only increase your child’s connection to Quran but also increase your connection and love for them.
You can join jeras app from here.