We are currently in the blessed days that have great virtues and rewards. We will learn about The Virtues of the Dhul-Hijjah’s ten days, which are the most beloved days to Allah and which every Muslim takes advantage of to get closer to Him. Seizing the opportunity to do righteous deeds during these days is priceless.
Narrated by bin Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, unless a man goes out himself with his wealth and does not come back with anything.”
Likewise, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “There is no deed more virtuous in the sight of Allah, nor greater in reward than a good deed done during the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah.” They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, except for the man who goes out with his life and wealth and does not return with anything.
The Virtues of the Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah
Among the most important matters related to the virtues of these days are the following:
- Allah the Almighty has sworn by the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah and nothing is sworn by the Great and Almighty except for a great matter. Allah, may He be exalted, says: “By the dawn and ten nights,” and the intended meaning by the ten nights is the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah.
- The Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) testified to their greatness and said that they are among the best and greatest days in the world.
- He called for righteous deeds to be done during these days to honor the place, which is the pilgrims of the Sacred House of Allah, and to honor the time, which is for all people in all countries.
- The Prophet, peace be upon him, ordered to increase the recitation of takbeer, tahleel, tasbeeh, and istighfar during these blessed days.
- He (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days, so say a lot of tasbeeh, takbeer and tahmeed during them.
- One of the greatest virtues is that it includes the day of Arafat, which is a witnessed day and one of the greatest days of the world.
- Fasting on the day of Arafat expiates two years of sins, faults, and wrongdoings.
- Likewise, the Day of Arafat or the Day of Sacrifice, on which deeds and acts of obedience are gathered, is like no other day in the world.
You can also read about: Rules and Conditions of Sacrifice.
The deeds that a Muslim should strive to do during the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah
Realizing the great virtue of the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah and the blessing that Allah has bestowed upon us, which requires expressing gratitude, due to the immense reward and recompense during these days. There are many deeds that a Muslim should strive to do in order to take advantage of these days:
- Haniyyah, the wife of Ibn Mas’ood, reported that the wives of the Prophet, peace be upon him, used to fast the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah, the day of Ashura, and three days of every month, the first Monday and Thursday of that month.
- Increase in reciting takbeer, tahleel, and tahmeed in all places, and loudly proclaim it in mosques, homes, squares, streets, and roads. It is obligatory to show it and say it in every place where the remembrance of Allah is allowed.
- Performing the obligation of Hajj and Umrah for those who are able to do so and are granted success by Allah.
- Increase in all righteous deeds and doing good deeds in general, such as prayer, kindness to parents, maintaining family ties, giving charity, and others.
- Drawing closer to Allah by sacrificing an animal (udhiyah).
- Repentance from all sins, wrongdoings, and vices, and resolving not to return to them again.
In conclusion, we have briefly learned about the virtues of the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, which every wise Muslim should seize, as they are among the best days of the world, and the most beloved to Allah. These days are of great significance and cannot be compensated for.
Download jeras app from here and help to instill social and religious values deep inside your child.